Free Fall Window Cleaning ChecklistJewel-toned leaves, crisp air, cooler nights – fall has officially arrived! The change in season and sense of renewal is a great time to think about tackling some of your cleaning projects – and there’s no better place to start than with this fall window cleaning checklist! Dirty windows block natural light and can be a major source of lost heat. Not to mention a hindrance on your fall foliage gazing.
Downloadable Fall Window Cleaning Checklist
Download or pin our Fall Window Cleaning Checklist and other window cleaning tips, grab your Invisible Glass®, then relax and enjoy the view! Spring cleaning shouldn't get all the glory! Fall is the perfect time to clean and care for windows. Dirt and grime has been baking on your windows all summer long, not to mention all the bugs and pollen they protected you from! Get started on your fall cleaning with these window cleaning tips.
- Check windows for leaks. Worn out seals are a major source for lost heat in the cooler months.
- Dust blinds and clean draperies according to the care instructions. Swap lighter window coverings for insulated seasonal versions.
- Remove and clean window screens. A garden hose makes fast work of this chore if you have outdoor access. Take time to look for small tears that may need to be repaired.
- Give a good scrub to window sills and tracks.
- Clean and insert storm windows if they were removed over the summer.
- Use a residue-free glass cleaner to clean glass inside and out. Residues from soaps, scents, and dyes found in many glass cleaners form streaks on glass and attract dust and dirt to the surface. Using a microfiber cloth, clean using an up and down motion on one side and a side to side pattern on the other to easily identify any missed spots.